[RECIPE] Kali's Favorite Burrito Bowl
So there’s burritos, and then there’s burrito bowls, and then there’s ROASTED CAULIFLOWER burrito bowls. And right now, in Kali’s life, the roasted cauliflower burrito bowl combo is delivering big-time.
• 1 cup white or brown rice
• 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
• 1 14-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• half of a small onion, chopped
• juice of 2 limes + more wedges for serving
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
• 1 avocado
• your favorite hot sauce for topping
1. Rice: Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Cauliflower: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and half of the taco seasoning. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
3. Beans: Combine the black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. Mash the black beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture starts to get creamy. It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium low heat.
4. Pico: Toss the tomatoes, onion, limes, and cilantro together to make a pico de gallo. Season with salt.
5. The Moment of Glory: Build a big bowl with rice, refried beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, and a lime wedge. Top the bowl with your roasted cauliflower and add your hot sauce if you want!
Get the full recipe from Pinch of Yum here.